Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Phibee!!!

10.10.10....my little baby girl was born!  We picked up Phibee one chilly December day, and met the breeder's friend at Jimmy John's parking lot off 44 and 141.  We saw Phibee, her sister Gia already in her new mommy's arms, and her chubby brother.  She was the tiniest and cutest little thing I had seen since March 2006 when I got Rusty.  It was a cold day, and my little 8 week old puppy was shivering, so I kept her close to me inside my coat.  We immediately drove to Pets Mart to pick her out some things, a little pink coat included.  Kinda sad she doesn't fit into her teenie tiny coat anymore. 

I remember as we sat in the parking lot getting ready to go into PetsMart, a shopping cart came out of  nowhere and rammed the back of my Prelude.  It was a windy day, and stupid people who are to freakin lazy to put away their shopping carts left one out in the lot.  I purposely had Keith park away from that cart, but as my luck would have it, that damn cart still searched me out in the lot!  If you don't already know, this is the second time my car has been hit by rouge shopping carts, the Prelude must have some magnetic properties!  I still have the dent in my left rear quarter panel from that day.

After we got home, I had homework and studying to do for my Anatomy and Physiology class....which was nearly impossible because I just wanted to spend the day with Phibee!  After we let Rusty meet Phibee, I put her on a blanket on the table, and she slept curled up in my left arm while I continued to do my class work.  That first night, she only cried for a little bit.  I put her crate on top of Rusty's crate next to the bed so that she was able to see me.  

In the days to come, we realized a few things about our puppy....for one, her breath smelled like coffee!  I miss that smell, it was so cute!  She also used to curl up on my neck and sleep that way with me.   I miss that too, although now she comes and throws her neck in your face b/c she likes it when we go "Ahhhhhhhhh" on her neck.  My littler girl turns one year old today!!!

My mom and step-dad's Golden Retriever died last week in her sleep.  She was a great dog, and had lived a long happy life.  Rus and Phibee are over there now, as I thought that their company might lift the spirits in the household for a bit.  So tonight, we are going to have a puppy birthday party for Phibee over there.  I ordered the doggie cake on Friday, and Rusty and Phibee both have doggie party hats!  Pics to come soon! 



First Bath!

All clean and blown dry!
She would bite at the air from the blow dryer


Laying on her sleeping dad's back
First snow!  She wasn't too thrilled about it, Phibee hates being cold!
In her lil pink heaven...still a pup, she doesn't fit in that shirt anymore :(





Playing with daddy!



2 comments: