Saturday, October 1, 2011

ali | makeup + hair

Some of you may know that I have started my own makeup business.  I have done everything from weddings to high school seniors and also boudoir clients.  My business really took off after I was laid off from NARS (not the makeup company!) and had more time to devote to building my brand and client base.  My dream would be for my makeup business to grow so big, that it could sustain an income for me.  I would love to be booked every weekend! 

I received my bachelor's degree in Biology at Mizzou, but it just seems that there really isn't much out there that interests me in that area.   I tried my hand at medical equipment sales, but I just do not possess that sales driven attitude that is needed for that industry.  My next step would be to pursue another degree, this time in Nursing, and move on to become a nurse practitioner.  I always felt a great sense of worth when working with patients and improving the quality of someone's life.  But at 28 years old, I am not excited about putting in that much schooling again.  If only I had been steered in the right direction when I was 17!

So what does all of this mean?  Please refer me to any of your friends that may require my makeup services!  With the holidays right around the corner, this could be for holiday parties or Christmas pictures.  It is also that time of the year for high school homecomings, and senior portraits.  And the biggie has always been with weddings.  Weddings can bring a lot of business, not just the big day itself, but also for the engagement photo shoot, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, and the rehearsal dinner. 

Check out and "like" my facebook page at www.facebook.com/AliMakeup!  Official website coming soon!  If you do have someone you want to send my way, they can always email me at: ali@ali-makeup.com.

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment