Monday, August 8, 2011

Giesler/Cornwell Wedding Weekend

Congrats to my beautiful cousin Nikki and her brand new hubby Alex!  What a beautiful wedding on Saturday!  The weekend started out with Keith and I headed to Ste. Genevieve on Friday afternoon.  Keith was their photographer, and I was doing makeup.  I did Nikki's trial makeup run on Friday afternoon, then we headed to the Weingarten for their rehearsal dinner.  Keith had to drive back to Alton, IL for a family photoshoot, he's always so busy! 

We had a delicious dinner + drinks at the rehearsal, my fillet mignon was excellent!  Afterwards, Keith met me back at the Microtel in Ste. Gen, but he hadn't eaten dinner yet.  Lucky for him, the Huddle House was right next door!  I got him fed, and then we went to sleep to prepare for the big day ahead.

Saturday morning came early.  I met Nikki at my grandpa's house at 8AM.  We started her makeup and the day began.  It was such a hot and humid day!!!  The ceremony was at 1PM at the Ste. Gen church.  After the ceremony, we jumped in our car and followed the party bus to The Stable, where I had suggested bar pics of the bridal party.  Keith got some great shots, but the plan was to head over to the Lemp Brewery for more wedding party shots.  Unfortunately, the on/off rain kept us at the The Stable, but great pictures were still captured!

The reception was on The Hyatt's 18th floor.  We were worried about the rain again, as the outdoor terrace is why that venue is so amazing.  Luckily, the rain held off the rest of the night....they even had fireworks!  It was a beautiful wedding, and I'm so happy for my cousin.  They are off to Jamaica today to start their honeymoon.

Back to my normal life, I stayed the night at my mom's house on Saturday due to our a/c being out at our house.  When I finally got home on Sunday it was 91 degrees inside our house, so pretty much miserable.  I even gave Rusty and Phibee cold baths to help cool them down!  We headed over to my mom's for dinner Sunday night, and I brought the doggies over there so they wouldn't have to suffer.  After a nice family dinner, we headed home to our miserably hot house. 

The a/c guy came by at 8AM today, turns out, we need a whole new heating/cooling unit.  We were quoted $4,000.00!  How impeccable the timing of things in my life are...of course that would happen while I'm unemployed!  Looks like we might have to use our wedding money for the new unit, which isn't nearly as exciting as hard wood floors.  Damn, I hate home ownership sometimes!  On a positive note, I finished painting the guest bedroom today!  And WalMart sells Shakespears pizza, so it's in the oven baking for my lunch right now...yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment